Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas in New York

Cort had to go to New York on business for 2 weeks.  I was able to fly and meet him for the weekend.  While we were there we were able to hang out with Emily and Peter.  They are great tour guides of the city.  Emily and Peter are always looking for people to take around the city, so next time you are in New York, definitely look them up.  The only time I wish I lived in New York is during the month of December.  There is not another state that decorates the way New York City does.  It definitely put us in the Christmas spirit.  It was a nice change from the Southern California 65 degree weather. 

I wanted to go see the Statue of Liberty so we hopped on the ferry and froze in the bone chilling 20 degree weather.  Cort and Peter bundled up outside while Emily and I sat inside staying warm.We went ice skating at Bryant Park.  As you can see I had to hold on to Cort for support.  People were falling all over the place.  Luckily, we had no causalities in our group.
Here we are with Emily and Peter.   We wished they lived by us so we could hang out with them all the time.  
We were walking down the street near Times Square and looked up to see Cort's name appeared on a sign.....WEIRD!  (Spelled correctly too.)  I could not resist taking a picture.
We went and saw Legally Blonde on Broadway.  It was GREAT.  The strike ended 2 days before I arrived in New York.      
Central Park is beautiful.  It was freezing walking through the park but definitely worth it.

Everyone kept telling me I had to go to Serendipity while I was in New York.  I was really looking forward to getting a frozen hot chocolate.  (Even though it was 20 degrees outside)  We walked many blocks to get to Serendipity and show up to the doors blocked off and a sign on the door: CLOSED.  I guess Serendipity is closed due to rats in the kitchen, GROSS.   

We also were recruited by the Gap to be in a commercial.  Check out the link below.

Unfortunately, Blake Lively and her crew from the new hit "Gossip Girl" did it better.

GENERATION GAP photo | Blake Lively, Ed Westwick, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley


13 comments:

jandnrichards said...

I am so jealous I wish i was there. Maddie and Cole think your Gap ad is the coolest i don't know how many times we had to watch it. We Love and miss you tons. Keep up the good blogs. love ya

Emily Frandsen said...

so fun! reading your blog makes me sad--i wish you and cort lived here by us! you're so lucky that you have so much time to go and do fun stuff--liking coming to see me in ny ;) and ps. i still need to get the pics from your camera!

Nate & Kelly said...

Great pics! I love the one of you guys in Central Park! Great Christmas picture (hint..hint). Can you send me a copy?

laura said...

I love the pictures! I am so jealous because I would love to go to New York during the holidays and experience everything...snow, lights, people, shopping, skating, etc.! And your long hair looks really cute! :)

California Blakes said...

Hey Kim! This is Julianne & Susan. We stumbled upon your blog today! It is so cute! Hope to see you soon!

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

That sounds like it would be so fun to be in New York at this time of year. Maybe I can convince Jeff to go next year. I'm glad that you posted more pictures. It looks like you guys had so much fun!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

How fun to be in NY during Christmas. I love NY. Looks like fun. :)

alyssa said...

Have you recovered yet from no sleep on that trip? Your pics are so cute. I am laughing so hard at your gap commercial. Cort is in the wrong business- He needs to go into acting!!!Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Annie said...

what the....Kim Hardy! I found you - don't ask me how, but i did:) How are you? What's been goin' on? Your hair is so long! Anyway....email me or something and we can catch up...eganannie@gmail.com

The Morzelewski Family said...

Kim! I found your blog, so glad you have one now. It is so good to see people that you haven't seen in YEARS!!! Crazy, well looks like you had a good time in New York! it is such a fun place, so many things to see. Hope everything is great with you and Cort!
Heather

Dori said...

New York in Dec! How fun! And you were dressed so cute too! I have to go watch your gap ad.

Kari said...

Kim, your blog is super cute. And i love your posting about New York. I still have to go there. Maybe someday. We had such a great time with you and the Townsend family. Thanks for showing us around L.A!

Alisa Larson said...

I love you blog! You have a far more interesting life than I do! How fun to go to NY. I really want to go sometime. Hopefully, when we get there, Emily will still be living there! It was so fun to spend time with you last weekend. Keep in touch!