Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Reality TV Killed the TV Star

This is my (Cort's) first and probably last blog post but I wanted to share what Kim has been up to after living in LA for the past several years... Hollywood baby!

Kim has somehow figured out how to get into the tapings of all the cool shows in LA. Sometimes she even hits up the posh restaurants where she knows she'll run into some celeb wearing big sunglasses getting their picture taken by all the papa-paparazzi. So here's a few pics and links of her in action.
This is the most recent, and probably best one. She got picked to play a goofy Halloween game on Ellen. CLICK HERE to see her knees bob while playing Squeal or No Squeal.
Another show she has attended several times was Dancing with the Stars. Below is a picture of her and Alyssa so excited that you would think they were actually one of the dancers.


Here's another at the People's Choice awards. I was too slow on the camera but that is Kim's hand with the gold bracelet touching Patrick Dempsey after they had a warm embrace. (I'm serious).


Here's one that made me very jealous. Kim met the legend, Jack Bauer, along with his crew from the last season of 24.




The best was when she had to be a chaperone at the Emmy awards for some soap opera star named Brandon Beamer who plays Shawn Brady on Days of Our Lives. I don't have a picture of them together but here is one of him. Pretty sweet, huh? He was actually pretty down to earth and had her hang out in the green room and talk with the other celebs including Jerry Springer, the cast from the View, and Tyra Banks. She even spotted some guy who played a guy on The Work and the Glory. Pretty random, eh?



We sat on the front row of the Jimmy Kimmel show one time with her, Wade, and Whitney when LeBron James was interviewed. She thought he was pretty cool and liked that he was dressed wearing a cardigan and asked that I start wearing them too. I guess I would if I had my own Starbucks and casino in my home that is a castle but until then, I'll stick to wearing T-shirts.
Kim has been to several other shows but it is hard to keep track, especially since I am at work while all this goes on :)

10 comments:

janae said...

I can't believe you were on the Ellen show!! I am so bummed I wasn't watching that day. Kim you are the closest to famous that I know, so can I get your autograph at Christmas!!!

Emily Frandsen said...

lol. i love that kim goes celebrity hunting in LA . . . and i love the clip from ellen! how's your new ipod treating you???

Whitney said...

Nice post Cort. I think that you are secretly jealous of Kim going to all these celebrity sightings and meetings.

Tyler and Dru said...

tyler and i randomly caught the episode of ellen that she was on and enjoyed her television debut!! we laughed and laughed. i'm must admit, i'm a bit envious of kim's life right now. :) Glad you guys are living it up in cali. hope to see you soon!

The Morzelewski Family said...

i'm thinking more and more that i need to move to cali.....jealous! I love Ellen!!!!

Gina said...

Ok Kim...Now that I see your serious star power, I realize what a bad luck charm I must have been when we tried to get into Dancing with the Stars!! PS. you looked like a babe on Ellen! woo-woo

Jeff and Diana said...

that is hilarious! dang i wish i was watching ellen that day! but you looked great and you won!! looks like you are living it up in cali!

alyssa said...

Cort, I still have a video of you dancing on the stage of Dancing with the stars- I'll give it to Kim to post! But you forgot to mention American idol Finale (5th row),The time when Kim hugged Ryan Seacrest, Paula, and Simon, Lots of front row seats to SYTYCD, escorting the gay kid from Ugly Betty at the Family Television awards. There's a few more to add to the list.

3D BROWS ACADEMY said...

kim i can't believe this! Why do you not call me... im fun i promise ;)

California Blakes said...

That's awesome! I've lived in LA my whole life and I haven't met even a fraction of the stars you have! :)